As one of Ecospecifier South Africa’s Industry Partners, the Green Group’s Manufacturers are eligible for a 20% discount on Ecospecifier Verified Assessments and 10% on Global GreenTag Certifications. Ecospecifier.co.za is an online green product community that provides compelling, trusted, independent and scientifically rigorous knowledge about innovative green products.
Ecospecifier helps procurement professionals including architects, designers, builders and specifiers, as well as keen homeowners, to shortcut the eco and healthy materials sourcing process.
We offer the following services:
Ecospecifier Verified Product Program
Verified products are an eco-preferred, healthy products in accordance with our Ecospecifier Verified Product Program Standard. Furthermore, it guarantees to consumers and professionals alike that all key manufacturer health & environmental claims are assessed:
- as third party verified ISO 14021 compliant declarations;
- in a robust scientific process using desktop audits and Life Cycle Thinking;
- using our unique health and eco-toxicity screen that considers the impacts of composition, subject to use from 0.1% down to 0.001% based on the UN Globally Harmonised Chemical System, EU REACH system, US Green Chemistry Standards and others as appropriate,
- under our ISO 9001 DNV Certified Quality Management System.
Verified assessment website listings where relevant also provide a full Green Building Rating Tool Technical Opinion as to the relevance of the product to Green Building Rating tool credits relevant to Green Star™ providing a powerful marketing tool in addition to existing strategies.
Global GreenTagCertTM Program
If you want a way to differentiate your green product from your competitors, then Global GreenTagCertTM is your answer. As the world’s best product certification scheme it is also:
- an Australian National Certification Mark;
- a Type 1 ISO 14024 Ecolabel,
- underpinned by ISO 14040-44 compliant ‘beyond LCA’ Life Cycle Assessment processes;
- provides trusted, independent, transparent reporting;
- than nonetheless protects your important intellectual property.
Global GreenTagCertTM make it easy for your customers to compare the green credentials of products by certifying products into four tiers – Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze to rate and position your product at the top end of the green market. Global GreenTag(CertTM) also provides a variety of different levels of information- to suite every customers needs, from simple ‘Tags’ to product ‘Eco-Scorecards’ which display at a glance the 6 Key Sustainability Assessment Criteria and GreenTag EcoPOINT rating for: Synergy, Biodiversity, LCA Score, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Corporate Social Responsibility, Health and Eco-toxicity values.
For professional users Global GreenTag certification also includes an ISO 14025 compliant Environmental Product Declaration summary LCA report. Global GreenTagCertTM also opens up new markets for your products with our Advanced Market Connect programs GreenGO (included with every certification package) and GreenGO PLUS.
An example of the benefits of GreenGO include access to the EarthCheck Green Product Pipeline. As the preferred certifier for EarthCheck this GreenTag Alliance Partner eco-certifies over 30,000 hospitality venues globally including Accor, Intercontinental, Starwood, Rydges, Taj, Langham and many more. Being GreenTag certified gives you access to the procurement processes of these certified properties.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 021 790 0286
Cell: 082 770 6552